Set up user management on n8n Cloud#
- Available on paid self-hosted and selected Cloud plans. Refer to Cloud Pricing for more information.
- Not available on Desktop.
To access user management, upgrade to version 0.195.0 or newer.
Once you upgrade your Cloud instance to an n8n version with user management, you can't downgrade your version.
Step one: in-app setup#
When you set up user management for the first time, you create an owner account.
- Open n8n. The app displays a signup screen.
- Enter your details. Your password must be at least eight characters, including at least one number and one capital letter.
- Click Next. n8n logs you in with your new owner account.
Step two: invite users#
You can now invite other people to your n8n instance.
- Sign in with your owner account.
- Click your user icon > Settings. n8n opens your Personal settings page.
- Click Users to go to the Users page.
- Click Invite.
- Enter the new user's email address.
- Click Invite user. n8n sends an email with a link for the new user to join.