The Microsoft OneDrive node allows you to automate work in Microsoft OneDrive, and integrate Microsoft OneDrive with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Microsoft OneDrive features, including creating, updating, deleting, and getting files, and folders.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Microsoft OneDrive node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Microsoft OneDrive credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Microsoft OneDrive integrations list.
- Copy a file
- Delete a file
- Download a file
- Get a file
- Rename a file
- Search a file
- Share a file
- Upload a file up to 4MB in size
- Create a folder
- Delete a folder
- Get Children (get items inside a folder)
- Rename a folder
- Search a folder
- Share a folder
Refer to Microsoft's OneDrive API documentation for more information about the service.
View example workflows and related content on n8n's website.
Find the folder ID#
To perform operations on folders, you need to supply the ID. You can find this:
- In the URL of the folder
- By searching for it using the node. You need to do this if using MS 365 (where OneDrive uses Sharepoint behind the scenes):
- Select Resource > Folder.
- Select Operation > Search.
- In Query, enter the folder name.
- Select Execute node. n8n runs the query and returns data about the folder, including an
idfield containing the folder ID.