Use the Trello node to automate work in Trello, and integrate Trello with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Trello features, including creating and updating cards, and adding and removing members.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Trello node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Trello credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Trello integrations list.
- Create a new attachment for a card
- Delete an attachment
- Get the data of an attachment
- Returns all attachments for the card
- Create a new board
- Delete a board
- Get the data of a board
- Update a board
- Board Member
- Get All
- Create a new card
- Delete a card
- Get the data of a card
- Update a card
- Card Comment
- Create a comment on a card
- Delete a comment from a card
- Update a comment on a card
- Create a checklist item
- Create a new checklist
- Delete a checklist
- Delete a checklist item
- Get the data of a checklist
- Returns all checklists for the card
- Get a specific checklist on a card
- Get the completed checklist items on a card
- Update an item in a checklist on a card
- Add a label to a card.
- Create a new label
- Delete a label
- Get the data of a label
- Returns all labels for the board
- Remove a label from a card.
- Update a label.
- Archive/Unarchive a list
- Create a new list
- Get the data of a list
- Get all the lists
- Get all the cards in a list
- Update a list
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Trello node#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Trello node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Enter the ID of the list in which you want to create a new card in the List ID field. You can find instructions on how to obtain the ID of the list in the FAQs below.
- Enter the name of the card in the Name field.
- Enter the description of the card in the Description field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.
How do I find the List ID?#
- Open the Trello board that contains the list.
- If the list doesn't have any cards, add a card to the list.
- Open the card, add '.json' at the end of the URL, and press enter.
- In the JSON file, you will see a field called
idListand paste it in the List ID field in n8n.