Choose your n8n#
This section contains information on n8n's range of platforms, pricing plans, and licenses.
There are a few different ways to set up n8n depending on how you intend to use it:
- n8n Cloud: hosted solution, no need to install anything.
- Self-host: recommended method for production or customized use cases.
- Embed: n8n Embed allows you to white label n8n and build it into your own product. Contact n8n on the Embed website for pricing and support.
Self-hosting knowledge prerequisites
Self-hosting n8n requires technical knowledge, including:
- Setting up and configuring servers and containers
- Managing application resources and scaling
- Securing servers and applications
- Configuring n8n
n8n recommends self-hosting for expert users. Mistakes can lead to data loss, security issues, and downtime. If you aren't experienced at managing servers, n8n recommends n8n Cloud.
For a detailed explanation of the license, refer to Faircode license.
n8n offers the following free options:
- A free trial of Cloud
- A free self-hosted community edition for self-hosted users
n8n has two paid versions:
- n8n Cloud: choose from a range of paid plans to suit your usage and feature needs.
- Self-hosted: there are both free and paid versions of self-hosted.
For details of the plans, refer to Pricing on the n8n website.