The Philips Hue node allows you to automate work in Philips Hue, and integrate Philips Hue with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Philips Hue features, including deleting, retrieving, and updating lights.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Philips Hue node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Philips Hue credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Philips Hue integrations list.
- Delete a light
- Retrieve a light
- Retrieve all lights
- Update a light
This workflow allows you to turn on a light and set its brightness using the Philips Hue node. You can also find the workflow on n8n.io. This example usage workflow would use the following nodes. - Start - Philips Hue
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Philips Hue node (update: light)#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Philips Hue node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Enter the light id in the Light ID field.
- Click on Add Field and select 'Brightness' from the dropdown list.
- Enter a value between 1 and 254 for the brightness in the Brightness field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the node.