The Segment node allows you to automate work in Segment, and integrate Segment with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Segment features, including adding users to groups, creating identities, and tracking activities.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Segment node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Segment credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Segment integrations list.
- Add a user to a group
- Create an identity
- Record the actions your users perform. Every action triggers an event, which can also have associated properties.
- Record page views on your website, along with optional extra information about the page being viewed.
This workflow allows you to track an event in Segment. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following two nodes. - Start - Segment
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Segment node#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Segment node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Select the 'Track' option from the Resource dropdown list.
- Enter the ID of the user in the User ID field.
- Enter the name of event in the Event field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.