The Home Assistant node allows you to automate work in Home Assistant, and integrate Home Assistant with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Home Assistant features, including getting, creating, and checking camera proxies, configs, logs, services, and templates.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Home Assistant node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Home Assistant credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Home Assistant integrations list.
- Camera Proxy
- Get the camera screenshot
- Get the configuration
- Check the configuration
- Create an event
- Get all events
- Get a log for a specific entity
- Get all logs
- Call a service within a specific domain
- Get all services
- Create a new record, or update the current one if it already exists (upsert)
- Get a state for a specific entity
- Get all states
- Create a template
This workflow allows you to retrieve your current Home Assistant configuration details. This example usage workflow would use the following two nodes. - Start - Home Assistant
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Home Assistant node#
- First select your credentials for the Home Assistant node. You can find out how to create credentials here.
- From the Resource dropdown select Config.
- From the Operation dropdown select Get.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.