The Microsoft Excel node allows you to automate work in Microsoft Excel, and integrate Microsoft Excel with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Microsoft Excel features, including adding and retrieving lists of table data, and workbooks, as well as getting worksheets.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Microsoft Excel node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Microsoft Excel credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Microsoft Excel integrations list.
- Adds rows to the end of the table
- Retrieve a list of tablecolumns
- Retrieve a list of tablerows
- Looks for a specific column value and then returns the matching row
- Adds a new worksheet to the workbook.
- Get data of all workbooks
- Get all worksheets
- Get worksheet content
This workflow allows you to get information about all workbooks from Microsoft Excel. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following two nodes. - Start - Microsoft Excel
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Microsoft Excel node#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Microsoft Excel node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Select the 'Get All' option from the Operation dropdown list.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.