The MongoDB node allows you to automate work in MongoDB, and integrate MongoDB with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of MongoDB features, including aggregating, updating, finding, deleting, and getting documents.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the MongoDB node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to MongoDB credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's MongoDB integrations list.
- Aggregate documents
- Delete documents
- Find documents
- Find and replace documents
- Find and update documents
- Insert documents
- Update documents
This workflow allows you to insert a document into a MongoDB collection. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following three nodes. - Start - Set - MongoDB
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Set node#
- Click on the Add Value button and select 'String' from the dropdown list.
my_keyin the Name field.
my_valuein the Value field.
3. MongoDB node#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the MongoDB node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Select 'Insert' from the Operation dropdown list.
- Enter the name of your MongoDB collection in the Collection field.
my_keyin the Fields field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.