The Compare Datasets node helps you compare data from two input streams.
- Decide which fields to compare. In Input A Field, enter the name of the field you want to use from input stream A. In Input B Field, enter the name of the field you want to use from input stream B.
- Optional: you can compare by multiple fields. Select Add Fields to Match to set up more comparisons.
- Choose how to handle differences between the datasets. In When There Are Differences, select one of the following:
- Use Input A Version
- Use Input B Version
- Use a Mix of Versions
- Include Both Versions
Understand the output#
There are four output options:
- In A only Branch: data that occurs only in the first input.
- Same Branch: data that is the same in both inputs.
- Different Branch: data that is different between inputs.
- In B only Branch: data that occurs only in the second output.