Use the Telegram node to automate work in Telegram, and integrate Telegram with other applications. n8n has built-in support for a wide range of Telegram features, including getting files as well as deleting and editing messages.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Telegram node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Telegram credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Telegram integrations list.
- Get Administrators
- Get Member
- Set Description
- Set Title
- Answer Query
- Answer Inline Query
- Delete Chat Message
- Edit Chat Message
- Pin Chat Message
- Send Animation
- Send Audio
- Send Chat Action
- Send Document
- Send Location
- Send Media Group
- Send Message
- Send Photo
- Send Sticker
- Send Video
- Unpin Chat Message
Refer to Telegram's documentation for more information about the service.
n8n provides a trigger node for Telegram. You can find the trigger node docs here.
View example workflows and related content on n8n's website.
Send more than 30 messages per second#
The Telegram API has a limitation of sending only 30 messages per second. Follow these steps to send more than 30 messages:
- Loop Over Items node: Use the Loop Over Items node to get at most 30 chat IDs from your database.
- Telegram node: Connect the Telegram node with the Loop Over Items node. Use the Expression Editor to select the Chat IDs from the Loop Over Items node.
- Code node: Connect the Code node with the Telegram node. Use the Code node to wait for a few seconds before fetching the next batch of chat IDs. Connect this node with the Loop Over Items node.
You can also use this workflow.
Add a bot to a Telegram channel#
- In the Telegram app, access the target channel and tap on the channel name.
- Label the channel name as public channel.
- Tap on Administrators and then on Add Admin.
- Search for the username of the bot and select it.
- Tap on the checkmark on the top-right corner to add the bot to the channel.
Get the Chat ID#
There are two ways to get the Chat ID in Telegram.
- Using the Telegram Trigger node: On successful execution, the Telegram Trigger node returns a Chat ID. You can use the Telegram Trigger node in your workflow to get a Chat ID.
- Using the @RawDataBot: The @RawDataBot returns the raw data of the chat with a Chat ID. Invite the @RawDataBot to your channel/group, and upon joining, it will output a Chat ID along with other information. Be sure to remove the @RawDataBot from your group/channel afterward.