Level one: Introduction#
Welcome to the n8n Course Level 1!
Is this course right for me?#
This course introduces you to the fundamental concepts within n8n and develops your low-code automation expertise.
This course is for you if you:
- Are starting to use n8n for the first time
- Are looking for some extra help creating your first workflow
- Want to automate processes in your personal or working life
What will I learn in this course?#
We believe in learning by doing. You can expect some theoretical information about the basic concepts and components of n8n, followed by practice of building workflows step by step.
By the end of this course you will know:
- How to set up n8n and navigate the Editor UI
- How data is structured in n8n
- How to configure different node parameters and add credentials
- When and how to use conditional logic in workflows
- How to schedule and control workflows
- How to import, download, and share workflows with others
You will build two workflows:
- A two-node workflow to get articles from Hacker News
- A seven-node workflow to help your client get records from a data warehouse, filter them, make calculations, and notify team members about the results
What do I need to get started?#
- n8n set up: You can use the self-hosted version, or n8n Cloud.
- A user ID: Sign up here to get your unique ID and other credentials you will need in the course.
- An account on the n8n community forum if you wish to receive a profile badge and avatar upon successful completion
How long does the course take?#
Completing the course should take around two hours. You do not have to complete it in one go, feel free to take breaks and resume whenever you are ready.
How do I complete the course?#
There are two milestones in this course that test your knowledge of what you have learned in the lessons:
Check your progress
You can always check your progress throughout the course by entering your unique ID here.
If you successfully complete the milestones above, you will get a badge and an avatar in your forum profile. You can then share your profile and course verification ID to showcase your n8n skills to others.