Use the Rocket.Chat node to automate work in Rocket.Chat, and integrate Rocket.Chat with other applications. n8n supports posting messages to channels, and sending direct messages, with Rocket.Chat.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the Rocket.Chat node supports and links to more resources.
Refer to Rocket.Chat credentials for guidance on setting up authentication.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, take a look at n8n's Rocket.Chat integrations list.
- Post a message to a channel or a direct message
This workflow allows you to post a message to a channel in Rocket.Chat. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following two nodes. - Start - Rocket.Chat
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Rocket.Chat node#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Rocket.Chat node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Enter the name of the channel where you want to post the message in the Channel field. For example,
- Enter the message in the Text field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.