What n8n collects#
- Error codes and messages of failed executions (excluding any payload data, and not for custom nodes)
- The graph of a workflow (types of nodes used and how they're connected)
- From node parameters:
- The 'resource' and 'operation' that a node is set to (if applicable)
- For HTTP request nodes, the domain, path, and method (with personal data anonymized)
- The number of workflow executions and their status.
- The domain of webhook calls, if specified (excluding subdomain).
- Details on how the UI is used (for example, navigation, nodes panel searches)
- Diagnostic information
- n8n version
- Selected settings:
- Execution variables
- OS, RAM, and CPUs
- Anonymous instance ID
What n8n doesn't collect#
n8n doesn't collect private or sensitive information, such as:
- Personally identifiable information
- Credential information
- Node parameters (except 'resource' and 'operation')
- Execution data
- Sensitive settings (for example, endpoints, ports, DB connections, username/password)
- Error payloads
How collection works#
n8n collects telemetry anonymously, with most data sent to n8n as events that generate it occur. Workflow execution counts and an instance pulse are sent periodically (every 6 hours).
Opting out of telemetry#
Telemetry collection is enabled by default. To disable it you can configure the following environment variables.
To opt out of telemetry events:
To opt out of checking for new versions of n8n:
See configuration for more info on how to set environment variables.