The Spreadsheet File node is used to access data from spreadsheet files.
Keep in mind
- Read from file
- Write to file
When writing to a spreadsheet file, the File Format field can be used to specify the format of the file to save the data as.
- CSV (Comma-separated values)
- HTML (HTML Table)
- ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet)
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- XLS (Excel)
- XLSX (Excel)
Binary Property field: Name of the binary property in which to save the binary data of the spreadsheet file.
- Sheet Name field: This field specifies the name of the sheet from which the data should be read or written to.
- Read As String field: This toggle enables you to parse all input data as strings.
- RAW Data field: This toggle enables you to skip the parsing of data.
- File Name field: This field can be used to specify a custom file name when writing a spreadsheet file to disk.
This workflow allows you to read a spreadsheet file using the Spreadsheet File node. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following three nodes. - Start - Read Binary File - Spreadsheet File
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Read Binary File#
- Enter the path to the spreadsheet file you want to read in the File Path field.
3. Spreadsheet File node#
- Enter the Property Name you used in the previous node in the Binary Property field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.