# Philips Hue
Philips Hue (opens new window) is a line of smart color-changing LED lamps and bulbs that can be controlled wirelessly.
You can find authentication information for this node here.
# Basic Operations
- Delete a light
- Retrieve a light
- Retrieve all lights
- Update an light
# Example Usage
This workflow allows you to turn on a light and set its brightness using the Philips Hue node. You can also find the workflow (opens new window) on n8n.io. This example usage workflow would use the following nodes.
The final workflow should look like the following image.
# 1. Start node
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
# 2. Philips Hue node (update: light)
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Philips Hue node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Enter the light id in the Light ID field.
- Click on Add Field and select 'Brightness' from the dropdown list.
- Enter a value between 1 and 254 for the brightness in the Brightness field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the node.