Segment (opens new window) is a customer data platform (CDP) that helps you collect, clean, and control your customer data.
You can find authentication information for this node here.
# Basic Operations
- Add a user to a group
- Create an identity
- Record the actions your users perform. Every action triggers an event, which can also have associated properties.
- Record page views on your website, along with optional extra information about the page being viewed.
# Example Usage
This workflow allows you to track an event in Segment. You can also find the workflow (opens new window) on the website. This example usage workflow would use the following two nodes.
The final workflow should look like the following image.
# 1. Start node
The start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
# 2. Segment node
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Segment node. You can find out how to do that here.
- Select the 'Track' option from the Resource dropdown list.
- Enter the ID of the user in the User ID field.
- Enter the name of event in the Event field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.