You can use these credentials to authenticate the following nodes with Discourse.
- Host an instance of Discourse (opens new window)
- Create an account on your hosted instance and make sure that you are an admin
# Using API Key
- Open your Discourse dashboard.
- Click on the API tab.
- Click on the + New API Key button.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- Based on your use-case, do one of the following:
- If you want to create the API key for a single user, select 'Single User' from the User Level dropdown list. Enter the username in the User field and select the user from the dropdown list.
- If you want to create the API key for all your users, select 'All Users' from the User Level dropdown list.
- If you want to select all the scopes, check the Global Key (allowed all actions) checkbox. Otherwise, select scopes individually under the Scopes section.
- Click on the Save button.
- Copy the displayed API key.
- Enter the name for your credentials in the Credentials Name field in the 'Discourse API' credentials in n8n.
- Enter the URL of your Discourse instance in the URL field in the 'Discourse API' credentials in n8n. For example,
- Paste the API key in the API Key field in the 'Discourse API' credentials in n8n.
- Enter your Discourse username in the Username field in the 'Discourse API' credentials in n8n.
- Click the Create button to create your credentials in n8n.
The following video demonstrates the steps mentioned above.
Was this page helpful?