# Error message: 'Credentials of type “*” are not known'
Ensure that the name in the credentials array matches the name used in the property name of the credentials' class.
# Editor UI
# Error message: 'There was a problem loading init data: API-Server can not be reached. It is probably down'
- Ensure that the node’s file name, class’s name, and node’s folder name matches the path added to
- Ensure the names used in the
displayOptionsproperty are names used by UI elements in the node.
# Node icon doesn't show up in the Create Node menu and the Editor UI
- Ensure that the icon is in the same folder as the node.
- Ensure that it's either in PNG or SVG format.
- When the icon is referenced in the 'icon' property, ensure that it includes the logo extension (
.svg) and that it is preceded by the world
file:. For example,
# Node icon does not fit correctly
- If you are using an SVG file, make sure the canvas size is square. You can find instructions to change the canvas size of an SVG file using GIMP here (opens new window).
- If you are using a PNG file, make sure that it's 60x60 pixels.
# Node does not show up in the Create Node menu
Ensure that the node is registered in the
# Changes to the description properties do not show in the UI on refreshing
Every time a change is made to the description properties, you have to stop the current n8n process (ctrl + c) and run it again (npm run dev).