Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. It allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files.
You can find authentication information for this node here.
- Create a drive
- Delete a drive
- Get a drive
- List all drives
- Update a drive
- Copy a file
- Delete a file
- Download a file
- List files and folders
- Share a file
- Update a file
- Upload a file
- Create a folder
- Delete a folder
- Share a folder
This workflow allows you to download a file from Google Drive. You can also find the workflow on the website. This example usage workflow uses the following two nodes. - Start - Google Drive - Write Binary File
The final workflow should look like the following image.
1. Start node#
The Start node exists by default when you create a new workflow.
2. Google Sheets node#
- First of all, you'll have to enter credentials for the Google Drive node. You can find out how to do that here, in the section 'Google Drive / Sheets API'.
- Select the authentication method you plan to use from the Authentication dropdown list.
- Select 'Download' from the Operation dropdown list.
- Copy the string of characters located between
/editin your Google Drive URL. Paste that string in the File ID field.
3. Write Binary File node#
- Enter the destination file path in the File Name field.
- Click on Execute Node to run the workflow.
How do I list all files/folders within a folder?#
To list all the files and folders within a folder, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Toggle Use Query String to
- Copy the string of characters located after
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/. This string is the folder ID.
'FOLDER_ID' in parentsin the Query String field. Replace
FOLDER_IDwith the folder ID you copied in the previous step.
There are several additional options available to fine grain the listed results. Refer to Search for files and folders: Querystring for more information.