Use the OpenAI Assistant node to work with OpenAI's Assistants API.
On this page, you'll find a list of operations the OpenAI Assistant node supports, and links to more resources.
You can find authentication information for this node here.
Examples and templates
For usage examples and templates to help you get started, refer to n8n's OpenAI Assistant's integrations page.
You can choose Use New Assistant or Use Existing Assistant.
- To use a new assistant: define the Name, Instructions, and the Model you want to use.
- To use an existing assistant: select your Assistant.
Use New Assistant
The Use New Assistant option creates a new assistant on every run.
The input from the chat. This is the user's query, also known as the prompt.
Choose the OpenAI Assistants Tools you're using with this assistant.
- Base URL: change the OpenAI API URL.
- Max Retries: how many times to retry a request.
- Timeout: maximum amount of time a request is allowed to take in milliseconds.
View example workflows and related content on n8n's website.
Refer to LangChain's OpenAI assistant documentation for more information about the service.